2024 HONDA RANCHER 4X4 TRX420FM1R
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
There's A Rancher That's Perfect For You
Everyone knows our line of Honda Rancher all-terrain vehicles are legendary for their long life, can-do toughness and Honda reliability. And maybe best of all, with eight models in our lineup, you can pick which model is a perfect match for your needs and your budget, with features like our automatic DCT transmission, swingarm- or Independent Rear Suspension, Electric Power Steering, Electric Shifting, and more. One thing's for sure, though: when you pick a Honda Rancher, you can't make a bad choice. Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want. In addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter—you get readouts for fuel level, clock, coolant temperature, speed and Honda's “maintenance minder" system (to help remind you when it's time to have your ATV serviced). Comes with all Ranchers except the base model.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: The Rancher incorporates an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher's overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also allows for better ground clearance.
- TraxLok® Selectable 2wd/4wd: Our rock-solid system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD instantly, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- Wide Front Driveshaft Guards: Designed to add even more coverage to the Rancher's front axles and outboard CV joints, the driveshaft guards are another example of how Honda engineers sweat the small details to give you one of the best ATVs on the planet.
- Honda Quality: In addition to all the features that show up on a spec chart, your new Honda Rancher offers something nobody else can match: our well-deserved reputation for quality, superior engineering, and long-term reliability. It's part of everything we do. You have plenty of choices, but when you choose a Honda, you can rest assured that you're getting the best.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel efficiency.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail.
- Swingarm Rear Suspension: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- Front And Rear Cargo Racks: The Rancher's racks feature strong steel construction and a large flat area. Better still, they're designed so it's easy to attach and remove cargo boxes and other accessories in our Honda Pro-Connect™ line, adding to your Rancher's versatility.
- 1.9-Liter Front Utility Box: The perfect size for small items you want to access quickly—like a cell phone, GPS, or a spare pair of gloves.
- Extend Your Warranty Coverage: Your new Honda already comes with a great warranty, and a world-famous reputation for durability, reliability, and build quality. But if you'd like to extend your warranty coverage, make sure to check out our HondaCare Protection Plans. You can learn more about them here.
- A Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (bar/seat/pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, durable foam, it's exceptionally comfortable.
- Make It Yours: We've engineered a full line of Honda accessories that bolt right up to your new Rancher. Everything from winches, to heated grips, to vehicle protection and more. Plus, our new Honda Pro-Connect™ line lets you attach and detach accessories like our cargo boxes quickly and without tools. Learn more here.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Valve Train: OHV; two valves per cylinder
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI); 34mm throttle body
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed manual with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshaft’s with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
CHASSIS SUSPENSION BRAKES
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7-inch travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.7-inch travel
- Front Brake: Dual 190mm discs
- Rear Brake: 160mm sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 82.8 inches
- Width: 47.4 inches
- Height: 46.2 inches
- Wheelbase: 50.0 inches
- Seat Height: 33.6 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.1 inches
- Curb Weight: 615 pounds (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Front Rack Capacity: 66 pounds
- Rear Rack Capacity: 133 pounds
- Model ID: TRX420FM1
- Emissions: Meets current EPA and CARB (California) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Black Forest Green, Sandstone Beige
- Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
- One Year Included: Transferable, limited warranty
- Optional Extended: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare® Protection Plan