2024 HONDA PIONEER 700 DELUXE SXS700M2DR
THE GOLDILOCKS SIDE-BY-SIDE
In a world where everything seems to be getting bigger, more complicated and more expensive, the Honda Pioneer 700 makes more sense than ever. Loaded with features, it sits smack in the middle of our SxS lineup, but punches way above its weight. And for 2024 it even comes in three great trim levels: our “standard” model (if you can call a SxS with this many features “standard”), the Pioneer 700 Deluxe (with Electric Power Steering, paddle shifters, aluminum wheels, bed lights, and a 12-volt accessory outlet) and our Pioneer 700 Forest edition (with a pre-installed Warn VRX45 Winch, Electric Power Steering, paddle shifters, aluminum wheel, more under-dash storage, and much more). All three feature tilt beds and the same 675cc engine.
- TILITNG STEERING WHEEL: Standard on all Pioneer 700 models, adding a tilt feature to the steering wheel makes getting in and out a lot easier. The instrument pod tilts with the wheel, too.
- INDEPENDENT DOUBLE-WISHBONE FRONT SUSPENSION: Just like our rear suspension, the independent double-wishbone front suspension features dual-rate springs for smooth riding, superior handling and all-day comfort. And with 7.9-inches of travel, you can navigate the kind of rocky, rutted and uneven territory other side-by-sides can’t.
- CONTOURED BENCH SEAT: One of the most-used components of the Pioneer 700 is the bench seat itself. So we gave it a durable covering that can withstand the frequent entry and exit of passengers, and the elements.
- ADJUSTABLE PRELOAD REAR SHOCKS: You don’t want to compromise on handling, particularly when hauling heavy loads—and with our preload rear shocks, you don’t have to. The fully-independent rear suspension features a dual-rate spring and boasts 9.1-inches of travel. So even when loaded to the max, you’re assured predictable handling performance.
- AT/MT MODE AND PADDLE SHIFTERS: With the Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe, you can let the automatic transmission shift for you, or you can take charge and choose which gear you want for yourself via the steering column mounted paddle shifters—you can even shift from auto to manual (AT to MT) on the fly!
- HONDA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: A vehicle this versatile demands a transmission that’s ready for anything, as well as our famous Honda reliability. With a heavy-duty torque converter and three hydraulic clutches, you get smooth shifts, a steady stream of power, and engine braking. Meanwhile, the two-stage shift map further optimizes power and torque delivery, even at higher RPM ranges.
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS): Our Honda Electric Power Steering has always been a groundbreaking innovation, especially with its next-generation brushless motor, and return-to-center function. (Available on Pioneer 700 Deluxe and Pioneer 700 Forest)
- RUGGED 675CC LIQUID-COOLED ENGINE: Power to go further, and to keep on going. That’s what the 675cc four-stroke single delivers. Rubber-mounted for less cabin vibration. Fuel-injected for reliable starts and performance in inclement weather. And proven reliability for hunting down thrill after thrill.
- 1,500-POUND TOWING CAPACITY: Sometimes you need to tow things. Like, up to 1,500 pounds of things. So we gave the Pioneer 700 a robust three-quarter-ton towing capacity—strong enough to handle some of those jobs you’d normally use a tractor for.
- 1,000-POUND BED CAPACITY: In many ways, this isn’t just a side-by-side. It’s a solution. Take the cargo bed—the 1,000-pound capacity is among the tops in the industry, and it’s made of a strong, durable construction. That means more cargo in fewer trips, saving you time. Now that’s smart.
- DISC BRAKES: Mud, turf, gravel – you can handle every bit of it with confidence and still stop with confidence. Our triple-disc brakes feature a patented scraper system that helps prevent debris buildup between caliper and rim. With 200mm discs in the front, and lighter, 170mm inboard-mounted disc in the rear deliver stellar stopping power.
- DRIVER / PASSENGER PROTECTION: Staying safe is essential, both at work and when having fun. That’s why the Pioneer 700 is equipped with an Occupant Protection Structure, using large-diameter tubing and meeting the ISO rollover protection standard. Plus, last year we increased the tubing thickness to make it even stronger, and gave the structure new hip bars to make getting in and out easier. In the cabin, integrated handrails, recessed top tubes and automotive-style three-point seatbelts with emergency locking retractors help keep passengers securely in place.
- INSTRUMENT DISPLAY: Our Pioneer 700’s instrument display features an LCD screen that’s twice the size of the previous unit with larger text. It also has a Trip B function as well as a battery-voltage readout and a tachometer array. The whole unit tilts along with our tilt wheel too, making it easier to read.
- TILT BED: With the cargo bed’s large capacity and durable construction, we’ve made hauling heavy loads easy. So it makes sense that we’d make dumping the load easy, too. Thanks to the smartly-designed hydraulic assist strut, you can tilt the bed and dump the cargo, even with one person.
- 37.5-WATT HEADLIGHT: Whether you’re up for work before sunrise or heading home late after a day on the trails, the Pioneer 700’s headlights will light your way. 37.5 watts and single filament, they have an excellent balance and light distribution, so you don't have to deal with dark zones or uneven light patterns.
- BIGGER CUPHOLDERS: The Pioneer 700 and 700-4 models feature upsized cup holders that are big enough to hold the most popular insulated tumblers. It’s a convenient touch everyone will appreciate.
- BED LIGHTS AND 12-VOLT OUTLET: Work or fun doesn’t wait until the sun comes up or stops when the sun goes down—that’s why we’ve equipped the 2024 Pioneer 700 Deluxe and Pioneer 700 Forest with a pair of lights that illuminate the cargo bed. There’s also a 12-volt outlet that lets you run accessories like an air compressor, 110-volt inverter, work light, and more. (Standard equipment on our Pioneer 700 Forest and Pioneer 700 Deluxe models and available as accessories for the Pioneer 700.)
- 450-WATT POWER CAPACITY: Every component on the Pioneer 700 is engineered to perform at the highest level. The alternator is no different—with 450-watts, it has plenty of power for everyday use and has enough left over for accessories that help you work easier, like winches, light bars and more. Always consult accessory instructions for specific power requirements.
- PRE-WIRED FOR ACCESSORIES: We’ve made it easier than ever to add accessories like lights, a winch and more, with a special wiring harness along with a dash that features blanks for your switches front and center. Our optional accessory bus bar gives you even more possibilities.
- A VARIETY OF COLOR CHOICES: Some hunters and outdoorsmen are going to go straight for the Pioneer 700 Forest in Honda Phantom Camo®. The Pioneer 700 Deluxe comes in Avenger Red, along with Krypton Green, while the Pioneer 700 is available in Avenger Red, Black Forest Green, and Sandstone Beige.
- DOUBLE-LATCH DOORS: Knowing you’re driving a side-by-side built with safety in mind makes the adventure that much more fun. Our hard doors feature a double latching system designed after our autos. They work together with our roll-up side nets, helping to keep the elements outside and you secure inside.
- GLOVEBOX: All our Pioneer 700 models for 2024 feature generous dash storage and a secure cargo net. In the cabin, a convenient 9.6-liter glovebox holds your essentials and keeps them dry. The water-resistant door helps prevent the elements from getting inside, while the in-dash design provides good storage space, without compromising on passenger legroom.